Virtual Private Server, or VPS, is a single server split into individual virtual machines, running their own operating systems handling custom configurations. VPS is a lot more reliable and stable than shared hosting. First of all, is usually limited to 10-20 websites per server. Virtual Private Server hosting, aka VPS hosting, is a website hosting environment that allows for resources such as RAM and CPU to be dedicated to your account. This is achieved by virtualizing a Dedicated server and splitting the resources amongst the users on that server.
A Virtual Server is excellent for secure and isolated Corporate web hosting and mission-critical database application hosting. A VPS is also ideal for Web Design Companies offering hosting service to its customers. It allows hosting of Unlimited Domains, Websites and customer accounts. You also have full control over the configuration and management of the Web Server.
Alpha Net has pioneered VPS solutions in Bangladesh. Our Virtual Server Platform is currently utilized by many Government and private sector projects.
- Stability – Unlike shared hosting, the traffic and activities of other VPS customers will not adversely affect your operation.
- Performance – Having your own allotment of resources allows you and your visitors to enjoy faster load times.
- Dedicated Resources – VPS hosting provides you with more disk space, CPU and RAM.
- Flexibility – You have the freedom to choose the operating system and software you want to install on the server.
- VPS Features – The features and services of VPS hosting vary depending on the provider. Although the ones you will need all depends on personal requirements, here are a few you may want to look out for.
- Root Access – Root access will grant you complete control over your VPS account from configurations to software installations. All of the actions can be handled from the interface of your control panel application.
- Management and Support – Similar to a dedicated hosting account, VPS hosting calls for you to manage your own server. However, there are many companies that provide support and management services to assist with administrative tasks. This feature is invaluable if you lack technical savvy.
- Server Monitoring – A good VPS provider will actively monitor its network and hardware your account relies on. This ensures the physical security of the server and also helps defend against virtual threats such as hackers, malicious software and DDoS attacks.
- Multiple Domain Hosting – Although shared hosts offer multiple domain hosting, most of them do not provide enough resources for you to do so and still enjoy a smooth performance. Many VPS providers offer plans that allow you to host multiple websites without suffering from performance issues. In most cases, you can set up separate email accounts and allocate specific resources for each individual site.
Ready to Get Started?
Need any help or query about our services and products, please contact us by filling the message field with issues or you can also connect with us by live chat. Support teams provide the necessary back-up to enable others to get the job done efficiently and effectively. This might be technical support such as IT, software, hosting or general office management support.